What are Color Stones?
Color stones, also known as colored gemstones or precious gemstones, are a category of gemstones that are valued for their color and beauty rather than their durability or rarity. They come in a wide range of colors and shades, from the bright red of rubies to the deep blue of sapphires, the green of emeralds, and the purple of amethysts.
How are color stones evaluated?
Unlike diamonds, which are graded based on their clarity, cut, carat weight, and color, color stones are evaluated based on the quality of a color stone is determined by the intensity and evenness of its color, as well as its clarity and the way it is cut.
Types of stones:
There are more than 100's of color stones that are extracted from the earth, all around the world
- Ruby: A type of corundum that is known for its deep red color. Rubies are one of the most valuable gemstones and are often used in high-end jewelry.
- Sapphire: Another type of corundum that comes in a variety of colors, including blue, pink, yellow, and green. Blue sapphires are the most popular and valuable.
- Emerald: A type of beryl that is known for its green color. Emeralds are often included in high-end jewelry and are prized for their beauty.
- Amethyst: A type of quartz that is known for its purple color. Amethysts are often used in less expensive jewelry and are popular for their affordability.
- Aquamarine: A type of beryl that is known for its light blue color. Aquamarines are often used in less expensive jewelry and are popular for their affordability.
- Topaz: A type of silicate that comes in a variety of colors, including yellow, brown, and blue. Blue topaz is the most popular and valuable.
- Opal: A type of mineral that is known for its iridescent colors. Opals are often used in unique and artistic jewelry designs.
- Tourmaline: A type of mineral that comes in a variety of colors, including green, pink, and blue. Pink tourmalines are the most popular and valuable.
Color stones are a popular choice for engagement rings, earrings, and other types of jewelry. They add a pop of color and personality to any piece and can make a beautiful statement.