Choosing the Perfect Solitaire Ring!
What is a Solitaire Ring?
A solitaire ring is a type of engagement ring that typically features a single diamond or other precious stones in a simple metal band. Solitaire rings are some of the most popular engagement rings because of their classic style and timeless elegance.
While the traditional solitaire ring has a round-cut diamond, there are many different shapes and sizes of diamonds that can be used in a solitaire setting.
Why Solitaire Rings are the best?
There are many reasons why solitaire rings are the best choice for an engagement ring:
- The imposing and astounding style of a solitaire ring will never go out of fashion.
- A solitaire ring with a diamond center stone is the perfect way to showcase the beauty of the jewelry.
- It is a perennial symbol of love and commitment.
- The simple design of a solitaire ring makes it easy to match with other jewelry.
How much does a Solitaire Ring cost?
When it comes to purchasing a solitaire diamond ring, the sky is truly the limit in terms of price. However, the average cost of a solitaire ring will typically fall somewhere in the range of $1,000 to $5,000 (₹82,000-₹4,15,000).
Of course, this all depends on the quality of the diamond as well as the overall design of the ring. If you are working with a tighter budget, there are certainly options available in the sub-$1,000 range. It is also worth noting that solitaire rings are not just for engagements - they make for beautiful gifts and fashion statements as well.
Choosing the ideal Diamond for your Solitaire Ring
When you're shopping for a solitaire ring, it's important to find a diamond that suits your style and budget. The first thing to consider is the "4 Cs" of a diamond:
Is the Diamond's hue, which ranges from D (no hue) to Z (a yellowish hued diamond). Most people prefer diamonds with little to no hue, as they are more valuable. However, some people prefer a pop of color in their engagement ring.
The number and size of inclusions in the diamond. Fewer and smaller the inclusions, more valuable the diamond. Inclusions can be hidden by choosing a ring with a halo setting.
Affects the diamond's symmetry, brightness, fire, and how sparkly the stone appears. It's important to find a balance between these different factors. For example, an emerald cut will have less sparkle than a round cut but will appear larger because of its rectangular shape.
Diamond's size. This is usually what people refer to when they talk about an engagement ring being "two carats." Keep in mind that bigger isn't always better
Choosing the ideal Setting for your Solitaire Ring
For women, the most important factor is often the diamond. The setting should be chosen to best showcase the diamond, and it should be special enough to reflect the significance of the engagement ring.
There are many different settings to choose from, and each has its own unique benefits. The most popular solitaire settings are prong, bezel, and pavé.
Prong settings: are a classic choice for solitaire rings. They offer a simple and elegant way to showcase the diamond. The four or six prongs hold the diamond in place and allow for maximum light exposure, making the diamond appear larger and more brilliant.
Bezel settings: are another popular choice for engagement rings. They encircle the diamond with a thin band of metal, which can make the diamond appear larger.
Pavé settings: are a more modern take on the solitaire ring. They use small diamonds or other gemstones to create a sparkle around the center stone.
Customise your Solitaire Ring with Fiona Diamonds
Keep In Mind...
The advantages & disadvantages of owning a Solitaire Ring:
- A solitaire ring will never go out of style.
- Incredibly versatile – they can be worn on any finger, whether you’re left or right handed, and look great with any outfit.
- The perfect way to show off your diamond – the simple setting ensures that all the attention is on the stone itself.
- Solitaire Rings can be very affordable – even if you choose a large diamond, the simple setting means that the overall cost of the ring will be much lower than an elaborate design.
- Because they have such a simple design, they can sometimes look ‘boring’ or ‘plain’ compared to more intricate designs
- Because they sometimes only have one diamond, they may not suit women who prefer multiple stones
- If the diamond is set very high on the ring, there is a possibility of the ring snagging in clothes, furniture or other stuff.