How To Find A Gift For Her: A Step- By Step Process
Join The Fiona Family
Finding the perfect gift for girlfriends can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to diamond jewelry. You want to make sure you get her something unique and impressive, but also affordable.
With so many options, such as lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds and moissanites, it's essential to understand your options and pick the best one for your budget.
In this blog post, we will discuss a STEP BY STEP PROCESS to help you find a great piece of jewelry for her & there's an exciting coupon code at the end of this blog too!
Let's get right into it.
Table of Content
- STEP 1: Set your budget
- STEP 2: Figure out her style & preferences
- STEP 3: Assess the various types of diamond
- STEP 4: Understand the 4C's
- STEP 5: Browse through the different diamond shapes
- STEP 6: Check for affordable gifting options / alternatives
- STEP 7: Make it special- PERSONALISE
- STEP 8: Make your purchase... with a discount code
1. Set a budget.
Setting a budget is the most essential factor when you decide to buy diamond jewelry. It's easy to get carried away and overspend, but you don't want to put yourself in a difficult financial situation.
Decide on a budget before you start shopping and stick to it. You can find affordable diamond jewelry that still looks impressive and special, especially if you opt for lab-grown diamonds or moissanite.
EXPERT ADVICE- Don't compromise on quality!!
While it's essential to consider your budget, you shouldn't compromise on the quality of the diamond jewelry. Look for high-quality diamonds that are well-cut and have good clarity and color. Don't be tempted to buy a larger diamond with lower quality. A smaller diamond with better quality will look more impressive and special.
2. Consider her style and preferences.
Before you start looking for diamond jewelry, being aware of your girlfriend's style and preferences makes the process much easier and faster. Here's a list of few questions you can ask yourself, to figure out her style:
- Does she prefer classic, timeless pieces or trendy and modern designs?
- What kind of metal does she like?
- Does she wear more gold or silver jewelry?
- What are her favourite colors?
- Does she prefer real diamonds, lab grown diamonds or other gemstones?
This information will help you narrow down your options and choose a piece of diamond jewelry that she will love and wear often.
3. Different types of diamonds
There are various types of diamonds available such as: natural diamonds, lab-grown diamonds, and moissanite. . Consider the pros and cons of each type of diamond and choose the one that fits your budget and preferences.
- Natural diamonds- are the most traditional and expensive option
- Lab-grown diamonds- are made in a laboratory and are an affordable and ethical alternative to natural diamonds.
- Moissanite- is a synthetic gemstone that looks similar to a diamond but is more affordable
4. Understand the 4 C's
When shopping for diamonds, it's crucial to understand the four C's: cut, color, clarity, and carat weight.
Cut refers to the shape and proportions of the diamond, while color refers to the absence of color in the stone. Clarity measures the number of inclusions or blemishes in the diamond, and carat weight refers to the size of the stone.
Understanding the four C's can help you make an informed decision when choosing a diamond. They are the 4 most crucial factors that contribute to the final price of jewelry.
5. Choose a diamond shape.
Diamonds come in a variety of shapes, including round, princess, emerald, pear, and marquise. Round diamonds are the most popular shape, while princess-cut diamonds have a modern, square shape.
Each diamond shape expresses a different feeling and look to the overall piece of jewelry. You can view the different types and shapes of diamonds here.
6. Look for affordable gifting options.
When looking for a jewelrfy gift for her, it is not neccessary to opt for a diamond ring only. Often, due to the high demand and significance of rings, they are priced at a little premium and can turn out to be expensive. The list below shines some light on affordable alternatives to diamond rings:
7. Personalize the gift.
To make your gift even more special and unique, consider personalizing it. You can engrave your girlfriend's name or initials on the jewelry or choose a piece of diamond jewelry with her birthstone.
There's no better way of expressing your love for someone than personalised jewelry! The gift speaks volume about how much you care for your better half. And GUESS WHAT???
Not only can you gift a personalised piece of jewelry from our existing collection, but you can also create a customised product for her, that too in just a few clicks at the comfort of your home.
8. Select a jewelry piece.
Now that you have gone through the entire process, all that's left is making that debit transaction in your bank account! Make sure you have carefully understood the steps above and haven't rushed into making an impulsive purchase.
Here's a list of points that you should generally be aware of before making your purchase:
- Make a purchase from a trustworthy & reputable jewelr only.
- Visit a couple of stores to check for a good price and design.
- Understand the return, refund & buyback policies of the jeweler.
- If possible, purchase a piece of CERTIFIED JEWELRY only.
- Start looking for a gift way in advance. You DON'T want to make an impulse purchase.